How can I help as part of your peer support?
- Crisis intervention preparation
- Making a safety plan
- Emotional support check ins
- Goals, values, identifying emotion & journaling advice
- Mindfulness activities
- Navigating the state behavioral health services ( Michigan only)
- Including rides if you are in metro Detroit area wayne county.
- You can call me instead of an uber
- Help finding a therapist right for you
- Making custom charts to help you organize your self care
- Exercises from my private collection of therapy tools
- Super fun facebook group
Peer support services
If you’ve ever struggled alone with mental illness you know it can be alienating. When everyone wants to support you but they don’t know how it can feel like a personal wound. The truth is your loved ones may not have the experience, research or skills to help you and it is NOT personal.
But it does beg the question, who can I turn to who will actually get it??? Sure, you go to therapy once a week if you’re lucky, but then the 6 other days what do you do if you have a melt down?
You can call me. I’ve been there. I’ve seen it all and I can be there for you as someone who has been there too. I won’t shy away from the dark parts, but I hope to help you see your own light too.
“We’re all in this together.” – high school musical
source for peer support values can be found here